Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The Promise of a New Day

Sniff. Sniff. I am so happy today.
One of my fave performers has made an announcement.
Go here to read.

YEH!
That's right bitches!
PAULA'S BACK!

It all started when I met her and she was a struggling choreographer sending her demo tape around the city. I listened to it, met her, and suggested she take it to Tommy Mattola, a good industry friend of mine, at Virgin Records. We had a torrid two-week love affair and then broke up, where she met the dashing, comic stylings of Arsenio Hall and became smitten.
The rest is history.



Here is a pic of us when I was giving her tape back to her. (Notice the stylish white boy-Bobby Brown hair look that was so popular around the time of her budding success).


We can all breath a big sigh of relief. Our girl Paula Abdul is back. Not just a judge on some corny-ass reality show. Not back as a workout video staple. Not as an actress on 5th rate Lifetime quality "I-Am-Being-Stalked-And-Will-Be-Raped-Eventually-Becoming-Strong-And-Killing-The-Bastard
-In-The-Final-Scene" movie.
Oh no.
Paula is back in the studio recording a new album, and should be making her way back to the Music Video realm she SO dominated back in the late 80's-early 90's.
Britney, you best watch yo trashy-ass back! Paula's gonna tear that shit up!
These kids today don't know what Pop Stars are REALLY LIKE! They bout to find out!

Well people-keep yo' eyes peeled for Paula's new album. It's sure to drop sometime around next year or so. You BEST be takin' your Chaka Khan vinyls off the turntables and get ready to ROCK some Paula!


Ahh. That sweet, sweet (but bitter) romance we shared back when...How I miss it. I was Straight Up in LOVE with her. She told me she was Forever My Girl. I guess it took me a while to realize she was just Cold Hearted.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh Trav you look so young and in love...

2:53 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

that is so heartwarming! you two looked great together. too bad it didnt work out. you're way taller than Emilio Estevez

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now it's clear.. I see what I finally meant to you, Travis. All of the time you spent listening to my beautiful music, while stealing your little sister's Disney films, I thought you liked me. I thought I was important to you, as a woman, and as a superstar performer. I can't believe you'd choose her over me. She's someone who doesn't even know how to handle a good carton of milk. I know how to handle my dairy! Now, I can see that I don't mean anything to you, and I certainly never meant anything to that little pissy group TLC.

I'll always cherish the memories, Travis.. You will forever be my Mercedes Boy.. which if I remember correctly, was our favorite song..

Pebbles

7:08 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

This just in... Paula has announced the name of her new album!!!!!!!
"Don't let that arm go back" It's the self titled name of her hit of the new LP. I can't wait to hear it. I've heard tell that it has some kickin' base lines and a real cardiovascular appeal.

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey everyone, let's drop our pants and rock to the oldies!!!

sincerely,
richard simmons

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its so good to see Paula releasing an album while she is still so YOUNG. sure hope she can attract the teeny bopper fan base again, if not her, there are always her old fans, most of which are in the rest home. I sure hope she doesn't break a hip doing the dance videos for her new album, what was it brian said the new album was called "dont let your arm go back", thats cause you will loose you grip on your WALKER. I also hope no one tries to discredit her good name by bringing up her old tendencies to SCARF & BARF, cause you know those sand nigger woman have weight problems. Sincerely, Joe

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home