Thursday, February 03, 2005

Boo Hoo

Hey everyone! What's happenin?
Not much here...still doing the job hunt thing on a daily basis. Ah, the life of freelancing.
Today, I was the featured artist on a website! If you read this tomorrow, it'll be gone. But STILL! How cool is that?
Anyways, today was a gloomy and (as my lil' sis Rachel jokingly would call it) "harumph" day. I was totally immersed in the murkiness of it all and decided to entertain with a little countdown of sorts. (Brian is gonna DIE laughing with this one only because he knows me too well!)
For you all that know me, you know I'm a sensitive guy. I am also a movie buff.
For the sake of entertainment and self-humiliation, I have put together a top 20 list of the all time saddest moments in movie and television that makes the big T cry. Like a woman. Ok, like a baby/woman. Whether it be the music, the performance, or the situation (usually involving someone dying), I can cry INSTANTLY if watching the following scenes from film or television. Even on repeat viewings. The higher on the list though, the more truer that last statement is. I am a big pansy.
I wanna hear what you guys think (and I am sure I am about to get a whole HELLUVA lotta shit for this) and hopefully, which scenes make you all lose it too!
I will do 2 of these a day until it's over (may feel like doing more than depending on what my demented little mind has in store for you faithful readers!).
So, without further ado, I bring you...





Starting at the bottom, I begin with:





#20: The film Never Been Kissed.
As you will see, any movie with Drew Barrymore crying does it for me. I don't know why. When she cries, I get upset and cry. I don't like to see Drew upset. Never Been Kissed was a goofy film but DAMN I loved it because of her. Don't NOBODY mess with Josie Grossie! NOBODY!
The scene where she flashes back to the night of her prom and the cute boy she liked that was her date drives by in a limo with another girl and throws eggs at her, DEVASTATING! And it hits her in the FACE! BOY, was that sad. I wanted to help that frumpy, tin foil wearin' girl up and in the house for a night of planning that boy's downfall!




#19: The film Stand By Me.
I have been a fan of this film ever since I was the age of the boys in the movie. Even though the movie was set in the 50's (I believe), I could totally relate to their friendship, their family struggles, and those thick fuckin' glasses that Cory Feldman wore. I had a pair o' those. In 1987!
Anyhoo-the movie was pretty dramatic but nothing gets me upset watching it until the end when "Gordy" is talking about where each of his friends went as they all grew older and apart. "Chris", his bestest friend out of the bunch, played by River Phoenix, ends up getting killed when he is older breaking up a fight. TOTALLY sad. One of the rare Stephen King movies that was good and lived up to his written word. Special note: this movie coined the favorite phrase "Crazier than a shithouse rat" that my friends and I use on a regular basis when referring to nutty coworkers, family members, and Anna Nicole Smith.

6 Comments:

Blogger Steph Calvert said...

i just wanna say stand by me is one of the best movies ever... and i had something else of importance, what the hell was it.

oh yeah! the viper room in l.a.!

i've never been to the viper room, but i've always imagined that they have a little shrine to river phoenix out back... like in the dark alley behind the place i like to think there's a tiny square of ground with a velvet rope around it, and there's candles and flowers and a bodyguard, and a little plaque commemorating that this indeed was the spot where he o.d.'d...

9:26 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

STEPH! LOL! YOU CRACK ME UP GIRL! I BET THEY DO! I just need to tune into Celebrities Uncensored on E! THey always show celebs boozed up at that place...maybe they'll take the cameras in the back alley to the candlelight vigil!

9:36 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

travis you are so DAMN FUNNY! stand by me definitely makes me cry. i think never been kissed may have but i cant remember what about it did it. and OMG you have to take a screenshot of that site or something! you are the best.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

Jen-
You are always TOO SWEET! You always Build Me Up, Buttercup!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

I CAN ONLY GUESS WHAT THE REMAINING FILMS WILL BE. (I JUST GOTTA SEE HER FACE)

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it Trav! Never Been Kissed gave me nightmares sending me back to the B*#@~s in high school! And I LOVE Stand By Me! I cry every time at the end of that movie! Can't wait to see the rest!
Laura

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home