Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Drip, Drip, Drip...

Hey all!
It's raining here today. Even a little thunder.
Damn gloomy if you ask me.
How is it in your neck of the woods?

Well, it's now the top 10 of Trav's Top 20 Bawlers. I know you all have enjoyed the journey as much as I have (tink tink).

Let's get rolling here before my power cuts out...






#10: Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 5 episode:
"THE GIFT"

Buffy back to back! This is the last episode of season 5 of the series.
Not only has Buffy and her sister dealt with the death of her mother, they gotta deal with the death of BUFFY herself!
Yeh, the girl bites it at the end of this ep quite heroically I might add.
Great action. Great wrapup to the season. Great ender.
What made this in the top 10 over the other ep is the whole season has boiled up to this last episode. All the major story arcs end with this and Buffy basically sacrifices herself to save her sister. Her parting words at the end are SO DAMN SAD!
Also note: I love the ending shot of Buffy's tombstone. It reads:
Buffy Anne Summers
Beloved Sister
Devoted Friend
She Saved the World
A Lot


#9: Life As a House
So sad. Deals with a father and son relationship. Great performances all around.
Won't give away the ending but you can figure it out in plenty of time to grab the Cottonell.
"Finish it, Sam".
UGH!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger swirlogirl said...

nobody must be crying today

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

see I was ok by the time I saw that episode cause I knew Buffy was coming back on... just a different channel. And I have never seen the other movie so i can't offer any comments.
Laura

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home