Saturday, March 17, 2007

1 Down, 2 To Go

Amongst other things in my life lately, there was something recently that was keeping me up at night.
Something I have been waking up in cold sweats about for over 2 years now.
I figured it was time to do something about it.
I wrote fan letters to the Golden Girls in hopes of getting their autographs.
Muh girls don't have that many years left in 'em and I wanted them to know how effing FABULOUS they are.
Unfortunately, Miss Estelle Getty (Sophia) is suffering from dementia and does not receive fan mail anymore.
However, the other 3 girls do and your truly wrote them each a gushing fan letter along with a SASE in hopes of getting a signed 8x10 glossy.
This past Friday, Rue McClanahan's came back to me (wrong addy). Found a newer one and remailed today.
All my dreams came true this afternoon when we came back and checked the mailbox to find:

My dreams are slowly becoming a reality, people.
This shit is truly golden.
In other news, I am working on revising the previous Monster Squad illo that I turned in to HorrorHound for it's possible use on the upcoming DVD and for later print-selling and shit at conventions and online.
Also, just got a book on Flash and am getting ready to speed-learn the program cuz Travy-T's doing an animated music video for the band Circus of Dead Squirrels, for whom I have done artwork for their upcoming cd release, "The Pop Culture Massacre And The End Of The World Sing-A-Long Songbook".

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

PRICELESSSSSSS!

12:13 AM  
Blogger Steph Calvert said...

holy effing shit!!!! i want a signed picture of betty white, too! let us know when the cd comes out, i'd love to get one!

4:05 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

AMAZING!!!!! you are a god trav hahha.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home