Friday, November 18, 2005

Jive Term Friday, Yo

This week's Jive Term kiddies is Dime Out. Hopefully no one has been dimed out recently. If so, you betta take that shit to tha streets and beat the crap outta whoever dimed you out.
Some more rambling before the weekend:
  • Has anyone seen My Name Is Earl on NBC? That shit is too funny. I recorded a block of eps last weekend and just got to finishing them up this morning. That show is awesome. Why is it that tv shows are, like, TEN TIMES better than movies these days? I remember seeing the preview for My Name Is Earl at the theater at the end of last summer and that shit was more entertaining than any other trailer or even the feature. Whatta damn shame. I blame the drought of John Waters, Chucky, Freddy, and Jason pics not flooding the market right now. A damn shame.
  • Tonight is the big shindig for World AIDS Day where my posters will be "unveiled". Not looking forward to this at. all. #1 don't llike big hootenannies like this. #2 Don't like to dress up (unless it involves me wearing my Michael Myers Peeing on Jason Hockey Mask tshirt and jeans). Maybe this is why I love Earl so much...
  • I am thinking of starting a new feature on this blog similar to Oprah. I want to make everyone do better in their lives. I am inspired. Maybe I'll make you all save spare change that you find in your sofas, bottoms of your cars, etc. Maybe I will just have you each do a good deed a day and then post on here what you have done. Maybe we should all build a house for the homeless or something. More breaking news on this idea a little later...
  • I am also wanting to redesign the Twisted Carnival blog for use all year round. New banners. New look. Etc. I kinda want it to be a surprise so I am not gonna divulge my idears on here just yet.
  • Gotta figure out the quickest and best way to get to Rachel's college Tuesday. Duane, the Master In Commander of Directioneering (is that a word?) will help me with a map to chart my voyage into hicksville to get Ray. Can't wait. All I have to say is that I finally downloaded the last two COVETED tracks from the Bea Arthur on Broadway soundtrack off Limewire and I am so damn happy. I'll be playing that shit on the way up to get Ray. Bea Arthur's the bomb and I STILL kick myself for not going to see her in Savannah when that show came through town. Damn you Hyatt and me for stressing myself out too much at that job to get tickets!
  • Ok, confession: Bri, I haven't sent out the remaining pics of Steph's on cd yet. I PROMISE I will very soon. I'm a slack-ass. I also have to record a bunch of Rachel's Gilmore Girls and Arrested Development eps on VHS but I don't feel like it yet. So Ray, you may not get them for Thanksgiving. I just look at it this way: when can you watch them? You don't have a VCR at school, and, I don't think you'll get to them during Thanksgiving with the damn cousins coming in for the holiday, so, wait it out. How bout' for Christmas?
  • After Thanksgiving and back home here, there will be some serious job looking and talks with D about VA openings and where they are. The dream of Orlando is slipping away slowly. Everyone say a little prayer that there will be an opening there. (Ok, I know you don't pray, but do it for this one thing DAMMIT!)
  • Also, just hitting the net this morning, the new Superman trailer. Pretty badass. Go here on JoBlo to see it. It's in glorious Quicktime. For those of you that don't have it, there's a guy in a blue suit and a red cape. He's pretty damn hot. Anyways, he flies and stuff. Get someone with Quicktime to tell you about it.And while on the topics of links, check out this movie poster contest on Worth 100. Pretty cool.

Enough rambling. Travy-T's gotta go get a haircut with my ghetto girls at Hair Cuttery. I'll tell em all you say hi. Then off to the Value Brakes to make an appointment for tomorrow to have the cars' brakes looked at. Then to the bookstore to peruse the magazine rack and pick up the People's Sexiest Men Alive issue. (I always look forward to that. Tee hee. It's like my personal Tiger Beat for the year).Chat you bitches up later. Have a great weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger swirlogirl said...

tv is better because it's not recycling old filthy ideas, i guess it's cheaper.. or you get your money's worth... and eventually movies end up on it anyways haha. i love catching the office on nbc. it's not in my regular schedule but when i remember its on, it kills!

BEA ARTHUR 4 LYFE!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Be patient grasshoper. Local newspaper article says they are looking to employ 1,910 people when the new hospital opens. They are hoping for the hospital to be open in 2007, but 2011 at the latest.

Dropping the knowledge:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-vasite1105nov11,0,6193331.story?page=1

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home