Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Happily Departed

As I stood in the new releases section of the DVD Department at Best Buy this morning (promptly at opening time), I noticed quite a few older men hovering near the area where there were brand new copies of Brokeback Mountain on DVD for sale.
I rolled my eyes and kind of negatively guffawed to myself and walked right up to get a copy.
Come on guys.
Who gives a shit? Be yourselves.
We're Here. We're Queer. Get used to it, right?
Started a conversation with a guy in his 50's who was gay and stuck in Columbia.
His partner was brought up here and doesn't wanna move.
He has a "lucrative" job at Verizon, he said.
I told him his partner could get any number of those "lucrative" Verizon jobs all across the country, why here?
The guy agreed and looked at me forlornly.
He said he is miserable here.
I seconded that emotion.
All I could offer was a "hang in there, you'll get out of here soon".
I couldn't resist though, and had to tell the man that I had a "get out of jail soon" card.
Duane and I plan on moving from Columbia once and for all.
We're moving to Gainesville, FL.
I saw the man was in pain but I couldn't hold back the utterance.
I am getting outta this SHITHOLE!
HALLELUJAH!
Duane has accepted a job at the VA hospital in Gainesville.
The move will take place in July probably and we are putting the house on the market here once we are back from Sidewalk Arts in Savannah at the end of April.
It's still kinda new in our heads right now and Duane is stressed, but we both know it's for the better and long overdue.
We can't wait.
Just had to share it with you all.
WE MOVIN'!!!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

YEA YEA YEA YEA!!!

YEA to a new post (and a funny one at that) and YEA to the move! Congrabulations!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

I am so selifish. I am so happy for me.

Okay, Okay, I'm happy for Trav and Duane as well, but hey, I would have to drive 9 hours to see them (and vice versa).

You know we'll be there to help with the move!

Duane: Don't be stressed! It's gonna be fine!

5:12 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

hooooray! yay im so happy for you guys to be getting out! hahah trav did you yell SHITHOLE aloud in best buy...

7:13 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

Awww.
Thanks guys.
Verrry nice comments, Bri.
We're hella excited tooooo!
ALL NITE SLEEEEPOVERSSSSS!!!!!
We'll bring the nutty DVDs, you guys bring the awesome eats!
It's bout damn time, right?
Jen: you know I did.
I had that eye thing going too.
And that "look" when I was talking.
I think the people got my vibe.

7:39 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

hmm speaking of nutty dvds... someone.. im not saying who just ahem scored a copy of this little gem called newlydeads.. maybe you've heard of it? i dunno it's pretty rare!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Trav said...

AHAHAHHAAAAAAA!
YESSS!
Are we going to have a viewing during the Sidewalk Arts visit?
I'll bring a basket of muffins and cheap champagne!

10:25 AM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEAH WE ARE!!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Steph Calvert said...

AW MAH GAWHD!!!!!

DUDE!!!!!

DUDE!!!!!!!

i'm so excited for you guys!!!! this is fucking sweet ass awesome sweet!!

except gainsville is still quite a ways from long beach, and i think you all need to put in transfers to southern california post haste. or we need to leave here. you know, whatever! congrats!!!

2:36 AM  
Blogger Trav said...

Steph-
Thanks gurrrrrl.
We still on fo' November, though.
Ready ta throw da rice, if you know what I'm sayin.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home