Friday, August 05, 2005

Varmints!

We are being attacked here at home people.
Today, our phone (or cable, can't tell) line was cut down.
At night, we can hear them trying to get into our house.
We see them on our deck taunting us during the day and night.
Sometimes, Duane will look out the big window in the kitchen and he will catch a group of them staring right into his eyes.
I always thought before I moved here that Duane was imagining things.
I was wrong.
Dead wrong.
They are out to get us.
To ruin our home, our sleep, our lives.
I am talking about the muthafuckin squirrels in our backyard.
As I posted earlier, Duane bought some traps to catch them bastards last week, and we put em up on Tuesday.
Didn't catch any of em.
Until today.
That's right.
I came outside to find one of the many cables attached to our house on the ground.
I looked to one trap, it was empty, but in the other one, was a fat wad of fur, struggling to get out.
I laughed out loud and did what anyone in my situation would do: I went in and got the camera.
I sat and snapped photo after photo of the mothafucka, while he went into a frenzy in the cage.
I was giggling all the while, taunting him, thinking of all the past nights' sleep I had lost at his and his brethren's paws. Scratching all damn night in between our walls and shit.
It was fun to degrade the little animal like that while he was scared shitless.
I am not evil, I have just lost all compassion for the little beasts.
Before, D would try to poison them or spray them with some chemical to kill em, and I would get on him about nature, God's creatures, etc.
NONSENSE!
These little beasties are ferocious, and not to mention most importantly of all, ABUNDANT.
They're all over the fuckin' yard.
We took the little captive in the car and miles away to the side of a road and dumped his little acorn-lovin' ass into the wild. C-YA!
Go to flickr here to see our Amazing Adventure captured in photo.
Yeh.....we bad. We know it.

2 Comments:

Blogger swirlogirl said...

LLLLLLOOOOOLLLL! dammit to all holy mother hell trav! those squirrels must work for bellsouth dsl because they LOVE to chew up some cable lines!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

LOL! Shit! No doubt....they found out we had Time Warner Road Runna!

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home