Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Devil's Rejects


Me and muh boys are getting along smashingly today. There they are up top there. Buddy is the older, maturer one. Caesar is the younger, more hotshot of the two.Together, they can be dangerous.
As I was working on this post, I went outside to check on them and couldn't find em'. The next door neighbor dog, Sammy (whom we looked after a few weeks ago), was barking excitedly. I looked around the yard, couldn't find them. Then I saw the supposed "WILD" one under the fig tree in the shade like a "good boy". I called for Buddy, the older, more "MATURE" one, and saw him running alongside the fence on the OTHER SIDE!!! He was in the freakin' neighbor's yard! I looked again at the fig tree and the innocent one Caesar, and he was deliberately covering up the handy work the two miscreants had been working on each time I had left them outside: they had dug a hole from our yard, under the fence, to the other yard! Damn! It was a jail break! That shit was like Shawshank! I couldn't do anything but laugh at my two little criminal boys. They just looked up at me, wagging their tails, while I cleaned off their muddy paws...
Last night we went to the Devil's Rejects screening and had a DAMN good time! We both enjoyed the movie (I was afraid I would get the dreaded "duckbill pout" from D in protest after it was over, but he dug the gritty, filthy flick!) Me toooooo! We were outnumbered by hillbillies and goth people there at the screening, but that's my type o' crowd, doesn't bother me at all (anyone that's doing their own thing and not judging anyone else is a big thumbs up in my book).
They gave away free mini posters like this one:

They also gave away cool-ass buttons like this one(and I was only able to get two: one fo' me and one fo' my bro, Jake).

They were also throwing tshirts out to the audience, and Trav being the very coordinated and athletic badass he is, caught one mid-air, one-handed, to the gasps and "DAMN!" of the hillbillies behind us. What can I say? I'm just good like that!
Check out the shirt here->
All in all, a great night. Definitely one of the better movies that we've seen this summer so far.
Better than Mr. and Mrs. Smith, War of the Worlds, Batman, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (although that one wasn't all that bad).

7 Comments:

Blogger swirlogirl said...

HAHAHAH HOLY SHIT! i love these shots of the dogs with the action names! hahahah! are these your dogs? anyways hilarious story t hahah!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Steph Calvert said...

okay i heard devil's rejects is a sequel to house of 1000 corpses? is this true or do they just say that because rob zombie made both of them?

and whatever happened to the badass bass player chick from white zombie, that would be the first thing outta josh's mouth if he was sitting here while i write this. first one to find out what she's up to gets 30 points!

11:00 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

Jen-
Hey! We're dogsitting these two badasses til Saturday.
Steph- I dunno about the White Zombie chick.
I do know that Devil's Rejects is SOMEWHAT a sequel to House..same characters....different vibe.
First one was homage to 70's slasher flicks.
Second one is homage to 70's grindhouse/exploitation flicks.

9:14 AM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

hahahahha i love it trav. these pics look like freeze frames gfrom the opening of their sitcom or something. BUDDY & CAESAR. wokka wokka. they are devil's! but not rejects!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Trav said...

That's totally what I was going for! LOL!!!!!
I had the Three's Company song in my head and pictured Norman Fell walking in and a freeze frame on his face and that famous "look" he gave the camera.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Steph Calvert said...

come and knock on our door!
we been waitin for you!

1:47 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

hahahha my fave part is when mrs rope gets in the bed and then he pretends to sleep

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home