Thursday, July 07, 2005

You Oughta Be In Pictures...

The big T and his pal D are in a new film that hits theateres July 15.
You should all check it out.
Go here to view the trailer.
Big thanks to Rachel for the heads up.
In other late breaking news: Trav just received his first official complaint as freelance illustrator for The Free Times here in Columbia.
As most of you know, I do a weekly editorial illustration for the Crime Blotter section of this local paper here in hellhole, Columbia.
The editor emailed me today and let me know that the Columbia Urban League was upset by my June 15 illustration and felt it was "racially offensive".
I have been waiting for a complaint since I started doing these illustrations a year and a half ago for the paper.
First one, so I feel "official" now.
For those of you that want to know, the image can be viewed here.
Suprise, though, in contrast, that no one took offense to the piece I did in last week's paper (for instance).
Go figure.

11 Comments:

Blogger swirlogirl said...

hahahaha oh my gahhhh i'm laughing so hard at every last one of your talking points. the trailer is hilarious and your illustrations are sooo funny. why why whyyy!

way to stir up the pot trav!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

Hey girl...thanks.
I have something for you to see.....I am glad I found you on here.
Click this.
I think you'll be interested in this. Read it and lemme know what you think...

8:00 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

OH THAT'S GRRREAT! but i'm being sarcastic. I have never cared that much for kevin smith. i've never been a fan of his work really. i'm so over remakes. do we really need ANOTHER good tv show made into a movie. OH MAN. my answer is no. but we'll just have to see what comes of this and then i'll make my judgment. for now i think it's unnecessary. cuz the show kicked enough ass and it still does! i dunno trav i dunno

9:14 AM  
Blogger Trav said...

Yeh!
I thought that was pretty wild that they were making a movie.
I read that Jay and Silent Bob make a cameo in the new Degrassi or something, but, yeh...doesn't sound too promising.
Time for Hollywood to actually be "creative" again and do something different...

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right hollywood will become more creative when Columbia becomes a great place to live :) umm and Trav why did I come back to Atlanta?

12:31 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

i hear living in cclumbia rocks! there's a paper where the artist draws totally offensive stuff for the blotter!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

LOL!!!
Racist and discriminant artist at your service!

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know i think that i've heard something like that on this really kick ass blog... so that means Hollywood now has to become more creative.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Those caused an uproar? Really? I would have thought that the cover of the movie theater would have been worse! Congrats on your contriversy!!! You are a true artist now! I think now you can increase any pricing by 50%!!!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

Shit!
I WISH!
I was shocked that they chose the one they did to complain about.
Was the movie theater one that bad though?
I thought it was pretty tame...
Go figure...

3:52 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

hahahah the movie theater one with the obnoxious sista on the cell phone? loved it!

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home