Saturday, April 08, 2006

Spring Cleaning

After the acceptance of the job in Gainesville, D and I are beginning to get stuff cleaned up here at the casa, which also means selling a bunch o' shit on Amazon.com and, eventually, eBay.
Whatever is left over, we are putting in Goodwill boxes and then possibly having a yardsale for all the cheap, southern-fried birds in Columbia.
This month is going to be busy for us, with every weekend meaning going out of town or whatevah. Then , after Sidewalk Arts, we plan on putting the house up for sale.
Then that means rearranging the house for people who come by.
Which REALLLY means Trav has to take all of his stuff down. No more speakers or watching DVDs in the den.
No more Freddy vs. Jason prop over tv.
Entertainment cabinet in den being sold.
Trav's horror toy collection upstairs being boxed, etc.
Hello? Is Travis still here?
I think I might be going through a loss of personality once the house is up for sale.
But are we really who we are because of the things we own?
If that's true, then I must be a serial killer.
But I digress...
In other news, I talked to my pal Joe in Cali and he won't be able to make it for Sidewalk Arts this year (I was hoping to get him to come up to meet everyone and to party with us.) It'll suck without ya, Weg, but another time, huh?
The big 3-0 is looming around the corner and now I am really taking a look at my life and accomplishments thus far. I need to get on the gun with my portfolio and website.
I think starting the other Myspace page for IBTrav Illustrations is a good start to get my work out to more people and also a good push for me to produce more current work for my portfolio.
Finally, (ending this free thought post), I bet you all would love to see a new site to play around in.
Witness the amazement known as Hot Ghetto Mess.
Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Blogger swirlogirl said...

ahahah jeebus! are those somebody's tracks/weave hanging out to dry? SHIT!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Steph Calvert said...

okay dude why haven't we seen the john waters stuff until just this moment!?!? or did you show it on here before and i missed out because i suck? either way I FREAKING LOVE THEM. did you do more than those three on the myspace page? cuz hot damn. HOT DAMN. the john waters one is my fave.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

Steph-
Aww thanks.
Nah. I just posted them up on Myspace until I get a new website going for my artwork.
That way, they can get more exposure.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home