Monday, February 14, 2005

Who Loves Ya Baby?

Trav do, that's who!
Happy V-Day to all my lil' niblets out there! You are all loved by the big T!
Hope you enjoy your day!
Hope the weekend was good for everyone...good and productive here.
Going to visit my sis, mom, grandmoo, and bro on Thursday and staying through Tuesday.
Rachel (my lil' sis) is touring a campus for college next year. Sniff, sniff. She all growed up.
In other news, Duane and I are going on our planned cruise the week after next and are going through Orlando to visit Bri, Mel, Stacy and (hoping to) meet up with my friend Jo, aka Sporty, aka Fanny.

Coming up on the end of the weepies list here. When I get to the top 2, it will be one per post.
Here ya gooooo....





#4: Big Fish
If you always have your mind in the clouds like me, then this movie is for you.
It celebrates the surreal and the dreamer in all of us.
Grown up son resents father for not being there and for being such an outlandish storyteller. Dad was never around.
Son doesn't know much about dad.
Except for all the tall tales he has heard from his father.
In the end, you will lose it.
If you're not a cynic.
My mom and sis didn't like the movie cuz they thought it was too weird.
Duane and I both loved this one and it's safe to say the ending will make you bawl.



#3: Beaches
If you didn't cry at this movie, you're a "Hard-Hearted Hannah".
I LOVE BETTE MIDLER!
This story, for those that don't know, is about two life-long friends from differenct backgrounds, who are brought back together due to a life-changing event.
What can I say?
The end did it for me. The music also did me in.
You know, this is so high on the list because of the song "Wind Beneath My Wings".
Brian used to jokingly start singing it to me in college to see if it would make my eye holes moist.
Or he would put the cd on.
Or he would put the song on his ever-famous YearEnd mixtape for me.
Bri, you suck.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just recently saw Big Fish and I liked it and it did make me cry... But I am proud to say I have never seen Beaches... But I now know what song to play on your voice mail every once in a while~ muhahahahahahaha.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

OOooooooo-
You wrong fo that girl!
Well I am glad to know you haven't seen it yet, cuz now I know what to play for ya when you come up.
How you been? Decent weekend?

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

see you keep threatening me like that and i might not come and visit.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1:00 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

didn't otto titsling make a cameo in this movie

1:42 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Yes he does!
The inventor of the World's First Over the Shoulder Boulder Holder!

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I THINK BEECHES SUCKS BUTT, I HATE BETTE MIDLER, SHE IS A TUBBY LOUD MOUTH RED HEAD, KINDA LIKE ANOTHER RED HEAD WE KNOW WHO REFUSES TO USE A RAZOR.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Steph Calvert said...

look, i can't help it that shaving makes my skin break out!!! and i can't help it that my pits are all hairy as a result!!

i'm kinda sensitive about it, in fact, and will now go cry myself to sleep while punching myself in the gut.

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO, NO, NOTA NOW! OH, YOU AMIMO! I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT YOU STEPH, BUT I KNOW TRAV KNOWS WHO I AM TALKING ABOUT, SHE IS THE REIGNING CHAMPION AT THE GALT FROSTIE FRENCH FRY EATING CONTEST EXCEPT FOR THE TIME SHE ATE SO MANY SO FAST SHE NEARLY BIT HER FINGER OFF (SNORT, SNORT) SHE ALSO HAS A LARGE COLLECTION OF HOME GROWN FUMUNDA CHEESE.

5:59 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

Busty Hart?

7:32 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

OK, so you you can hate me for the torment of Beaches. Big Fish. Awwmygod. Mel was too busy ironing to notice me blubbering like a fucking baby while watching this. He finally understood what Daddy Warbucks was all about. All of his friends were there. It was so good. I've got to go out and buy that movie. (After the Westminster Doggie Show)

8:24 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

Bri-
So glad you finally got to see Big Fish.
That shit was good, right?
Can you guess what #2 and #1 are gonna be????

11:18 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

ok im guiseeing... freddy vs jason annnnnnnnd... steel magnolias

8:55 AM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

that was supposed to be "guessing"

8:55 AM  
Blogger Trav said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
You know me toooooo well!
Actually, it would be Terms of Endearment and Halloween 4.
That is SO sad at the end when Dr Loomis cries out for Miiiichaaaeellllll!

10:13 AM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

i know dude.. R.I.P. dr loomis!

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home