Friday, August 26, 2005

Reminiscing, Ray Ray, and Ringtones


It seemed like yesterday I was rocking my baby sis, Rachel to sleep or changing her stinky diapers.
Now I have just gotten back from taking her to college.
Time flies.
I have been checking in with her every so often over the last few days and can remember when I was nervous about starting a new chapter of my life and all that stuff.
I know you will do great, Ray. Best o' luck.
I will always be here if you need me.
I have been busy working on my resume' and stuff, applying for a job in Orlando that Mel found for me on Career Builder.
It's an Illustrator/ Designer position. They are looking for someone with a background in caricature. What are the odds, eh?
From what I could find out about them online, they seem to have some ties with the military....we shall see.
This is the dilemma here: D and I want to leave Columbia. He has sent a resume' to the VA hospital in Orlando blindly, hoping to get a response or garner interest. He doesn't expect to hear anything or what not but is giving his all to try at least.
I want to get out of Columbia and try at a career for me, but I don't know what this means for us.
Only time will tell, as these are The Days Of Our Lives....cue soapy music.
Speaking of music....got an upgraded cel phone last week to stay in touch with Rachel in school and with mom now that she is alone with Jake at the apt.
I have ringback tones on my phone (you call me up, you'll hear music instead of the phone ringing).
Currently, I have two choices: The Perfect Way by Scritti Politti, an 80's gem, and Eden by Hooverphonic, a song I have loved for a long while.
Not unline American Idol, I would like you all to vote on which tone you want to hear when calling me and leave a comment at the end of this blog post. I will make sure your ears are ringing with the right sounds that way.
I also have new ringtones for everyone and they are:
Bri-Pee Wee theme (new and improved! reminds me of you)
Joe- Back to the Future theme (couldn't find any Garth and didn't want Larry the Cable Guy ringtones on my phone, so this was the closest thing that reminded me of u...u and I obsessing over these movies...it's a cool ringtone too)
Mel- They-Jem (reminds me of you-u played it alot)
Stac-Sittin' Up In My Room-Brandy (yeh I found it. now electric slide yo ass girl!)
Laura- Buffy the Vampire Slayer theme (you+me+Buffy=good times)
Jen-Degrassi Junior High theme (couldn't believe I saw this)
Jo- Dontcha-Pussycat Dolls (originally mom wanted this but found I Love Lucy and wanted that for hers. This one reminds me of you cuz you are so damn wild and RAW! I had Brass Monkey for yours but gave it to my bro instead....his crazy ass)
Steph- California (OC Theme) (You KNOW I had to get this one for you, girl!)
Duane- Invincible-Pat Benatar (got this for D-he loves this song and the movie The Legend of Billie Jean)
Rachel- Hollaback Girl-Gwen Stefani (reminds me of all the times I drove you to school this past year while I was visiting and scaring the shit out of your classmates by rolling down the windows and yelling THE SHIT IS BANANAS! at them.)
There you have it folks. If any of you are reading this and are saying "What the hell about me??!!?!", ask yourselves if you gave me your cel number and then if not, GIVE IT TO ME ALREADY!
I want to thank you all for the please to return to this here blog. I was going to plunge myself out of a 5 story window when I read them and your love pulled me back in.
I am going out of town with Duane again this coming Sunday thru Tuesday (shaddup Jen) but I will be back with many stories to share and might *gasp!* even post before I leave!
Take care all of you and have a great weekend!
Later bitches!

13 Comments:

Blogger swirlogirl said...

AHAHAHAH TRAV! i love it! that is the coolest musical phone lineup ever. now my vote for the callback tone... though eden is such a pretty song, i find the the perfect way is a much more upbeat tune that i could dance badly to if i were calling. i vote scritti politti. i mean what other song do you know that uses the word complacency! goodness gracious!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

Jen.
Done, girl.
And I have to mention to you again how much I love your new banner on your site.
SUWEEET.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

When I called yesterday, I LOVED the Scritti. Keep it up!

12:28 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

yeah y'all... if you haven't called trav yet YOU GOTTA! it's like being on hold with tech support only BETTA cuz you know someone's gonna answer. i got the perfect way uh doobie doobie doo bie.

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love it trav!!! But you are gone way too frequently. I have no one to keep me sane while talking to assholes on the phone at work when you are away :(

1:18 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

man trav is gone AGAIN! i guess i'll go drink some drano

12:58 PM  
Blogger Steph Calvert said...

don't do it jenn, don't do it!!! he'll be back someday!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Jen, he's back, but just not posting. Isn't that sad?

5:59 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

yes, i'm drinking drano as i type this

7:26 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

Alyssa!
Hey girl....I think Ray doesn't mind it too much.
Either that, or she's waiting quietly and is gonna beat my a** later for it!
How's school going for you?

10:12 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Oh my Gawd! A sign of life from Mr. Travis Falligant! I never thought I would see the day!!!

2:20 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

AHAHAHAH are those CRITTERS??!!!

2:59 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

HAHAHAH man im so enjoying these banners. ESO the troll! gah i hated that movie cuz it scared the shit out of me!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home