Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Ok, Who Got Gas?

"My daddy owns a gas station!"
Who wants to murder this kid?
Show of hands?
I am lucky enough to not be like a lot of you right now who need to drive quite a bit for work, school, etc, but DAMN if gas prices haven't really screwed with my life too.
I know we are some lucky people right now compared to others in other parts of the US, but here continues my superficial rant:
I normally am a hermit at home, never leaving the house during the day, squinting like a vampire at any stream of light hitting my sensitive retinas, but, when I wanna go out, I wanna go out.
Next weekend is a movie festival in Durham, NC. They are showing my fave movie of all time, The Monster Squad. I have never seen it on the big screen. Granted, a nutball like me would be the sole person to drive the 3 hours plus to see it, but I would like my options open, thank you.
Not with gas prices the way they are. I can say HELL TO THA NO to those plans.
Now I know they have gone down quite a bit from a few weeks ago (at that time, Duane and I were sitting in my car at the gas station in a huge line for like 20 minutes waiting to get that last expensive drops of gasoline into my tank). Pure madness. It was like Armageddon. Or like Red Dawn. Except I didn't see Swayze. Or Grey.......but I digress.....
I guess this post is about being couped up and becoming stir crazy.
I wanna feel like I can leave the house if I want to. Without watching dollar signs trail behind the car as I go from point A to point B.
Guess I will just have to stay inside and just make some more banners for this site.....
(I think I am on like # 33 now...don't feed the addiction, don't feed the addiction....CHK- CHK...BOOM!)

14 Comments:

Blogger swirlogirl said...

HAHAHAh trav! the banners just get more and more funny. actually you can't fault this kid for his dad owning the gas station. his daddy don't make money off the gas really... it's the chips and soda and lotto that keeps em going. now if his dad owned an oil company... then we could kidnap him for a wealthy ransom!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Trav said...

You are so right Jen.....(I couldn't find a pic of an oil tycoon's son, so I went with that story-lol).
Let's kidnap the little bastard anyway for his smug lookin' little ass!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

You wanna borrow $20? (Love the banners and the new qraphics!)

12:05 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

Mel-
Thanks so much!
Did u guys have fun at the parks yesterday? You know I wish I was there!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Yeah, it was nice. There was NOBODY in the parks. They weren't even running the parking lot trams there were so few cars. It was cool. People were actually pretty calm and nice for a change. I actually ventured into the Magic Kingdom and made it more than 2 hours with out wanting to go on a killing spree to rid the world of a couple soccer moms and a backwoods dad or two.

And we got accosted by King Louie. So all in all, not a bad day out.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Steph Calvert said...

no, you know who else would drive 3 hours to see monster squad? josh would drive 3 hours to see monster squad. he freakin' loves that movie. me, i've never seen it but josh knows his quality flicks so i'm gonna have to say the drive's probably worth it...

have you ever seen animalympics? he's cocoa for cacapuffs on that one, too.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

Mel-
LOL! You crack me up!
Those damn breeders with their abundant offspring running around screaming! Don't ya just wanna kidnap em and dunk em underwater at It's a Small World and leave their annoying little bodies in the water for the next boat to come by?
Steph-The Monster Squad is my fave movie of all time. That's why I am really considering driving to see it on the big screen. Never got a chance to and really would dig it (lifelong dream).
I HAVE seen Animalympics. I think you or Josh were mentioning that when we saw you guys or on one of your blogs. I actually really liked that too when I was little. Came on HBO A. LOT. Wonder if that'll ever be released on DVD?
Monster Squad isn't yet. DAMMIT.

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thing that gets me is this: I live in Alaska, I am surrounded by oil, and it's still f'n expensive. The oil companies are rolling in the dough. Most posted at least 20% increase in earnings over the past 3 years. There are people who can get the prices lower, but the oil companies have their hands stuck down those people's pants.

-Jason

3:26 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Oh the mysterious Jason. Welcome Jason. Welcome.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

Yeh J!
You DO sound pretty mysterious.
With all your knowledge of government and current events, why the hell haven't you gotten your OWN blog yet?
It could be a Conspiracy blog or some shit.
You could call it Feta For the Birds...and YOU!

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could do that trav, but I need something. It's called intitiative. Going to school and being entrenched in governmental affairs makes me want to talk about it less and less. Soon enough my friend, soon enough.

Jason

9:16 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

OOOH how mysterious! hey trav i got a kid with a smug look trapped in my closet. he's wearing an exxon-mobil hat so i figured his dad owned the joint... what do you want me to do with him?

9:23 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

LOL!
Ok girl....this is what I want you to do:
Open the closet, tell him that his daddy and mommy are dead, then tell him that you were just kidding.
Watch as his little mind crumbles inside his big head.
Call his daddy with a voice manipulator and demand money. In the upwards of 10 mill should do nicely. Tell the dad you will be sending him a finger for each 10 minute increment he is late getting the money to you.
Then walk back into the closet and tell the kid that you just checked for sure and yes, his mommy and daddy were really dead.

10:04 AM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

HAHAHA im laughing my ass off at tye voice manipulator!! im on it!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home