Saturday, June 25, 2005

Two Thumbs WAY up!

Does anyone remember Trav's stint right outta college working at the local Carmike theater in Savannah GA?
Yep, right after I received a 4 year undergraduate degree from a prestigious art college, I jumped right into work....at a local movie theater.
SHADDUP NAYSAYERS!
Anyhoo-if you remember Trav's foray into minimum wage, you'll also quite possibly recall he worked with a kooky gang of misfits and quite enjoyed his time there.
(Showing the print of Patch Adams upside down on opening night after splicing it incorrectly stands out as one of my many highlights. Ain't nothin like seein' Robin honking his clown nose for a cancer patient kid upside down-OR to see the entire audience of said film turn slowly in unison and look up at you in the projection booth)..."BUT, I digress" (copyright Joe Wegat).
One of my fellow pals who I worked with there, and still keep in contact with to this day, is my old manager, Lee Karr. Some of you may remember him from meeting him or hearing him and I battle it out in an Insult-a-Thon towards one another about our cinematic tastes in film, or even better, horror series.
Ok, so here's the point: Lee is a HUGE George Romero fan. He is IN LOVE with zombie films and Romero films.
Well, as you all might know from the recent commercials on tv and all, there is a new Romero zombie film out. This man is the one that started the zombie film, with Night of the Living Dead. He then went on to do Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead.
The new one is Land of the Dead.
Lee moved to Pittsburgh, where he always wanted to go, his mecca where the Romero zombie epics were shot.
There you will find the Monroeville mall used in the original Dawn of the Dead and the cemetery used in the original Night of the Living Dead.
Lee, through some contacts, was able to be made up as a zombie and be an extra in the new Land of the Dead film. When I heard this news from him, I about freaked. That's his freakin' DREAM!
I even got him to send me a signed 8x10 glossy of him made up. Makes me die laughing.

I know he creamed his jeans while being in that shoot.
They recently held the premiere of the film in Pittsburgh, and for the last couple of days, Lee has been able to meet some pretty well-known people.
He took directors Quentin Tarantino (Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill) and Robert Rodriguez (From Dusk Til' Dawn, Sin City) on a tour of Monroeville Mall.


He then took Tarantino and Simon Pegg (center in the glasses), who I LOVED in Shaun of the Dead (YEH, he's Shaun!) to the cemetery where Night of the Living Dead was shot.


This bastard is LUCKEEEEEEEEE.
I was so jealous but at the same time so happy for this fellow film geek cuz he is living his dream and finally meeting all the people he has idolized for years.
Ahhh....one day. I know my dream will come true.
Watch mofos:

Trav will be starring in Child's Play 8: Chucky Don't Play That soon enough!

5 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

I fuckin' love that!!!!

Chucky don't play that!!!!!

That picture is great!!!

12:01 AM  
Blogger Trav said...

LOL.
Thanks Bri.
You remember Lee, don'tcha?
Ain't that cool?

10:45 AM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

DAMMIT TO HELL TRAVIS! why you gott make me pee my pants! you are so flippin hilarious! chucky is all in your grill. that zombie guy is the coolest. and i actually would like to see the land of the dead. but it wouldn't be complete without steph there and a racist woman in the audience getting pissed at us.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Trav said...

LOL!!!!!!!!
I hear ya girl!
Nothin' like enjoyin a movie without some damn morons in the theater!

9:58 AM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

i also love how old this picture of chucky looks. he really cleaned up over the years

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home